From flight demonstrations and fleet tours to computer coding activities and 3D-printing fun, the Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus will be showcasing all of its program offerings and technologies during annual Open House on April 1.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas State Polytechnic will open its campus to the community and beyond to give visitors an inside look at academics, the facilities and student projects, clubs and achievements. Just like the campus’ “polytechnic” way of teaching and learning, many of the booths will be hands-on, encouraging attendees to participate in various activities and games. There also will be snacks, giveaways and an appearance by Willie the Wildcat. Below are examples of what guests can expect to experience at Open House:
- Flight Team Pancake Breakfast – Start your Open House experience off right with a pancake feed from 7 to 10 a.m. courtesy of the Kansas State Polytechnic Flight Team. The meal is by donation only and there will be a drawing for two K-State football tickets with reserved parking.
- Aviation Expo – See the aviation program’s fleet up close during a tour of the more than 30 aircraft.
- Computer Systems Hands-on Experience – Check out the computer systems technology program during a basic coding activity and take photos in front of the green screen.
- UAS Simulation and Flight – Experience a demonstration of industry-quality UAS software from our nationally recognized faculty and watch as an unmanned aircraft takes flight.
- Build it. Print it. – Tour through our mechanical engineering technology lab and see firsthand the wonders of 3D printing.
Additionally, Open House is an opportunity for prospective students and their parents interested in enrollment to learn more about life on campus. Those curious about becoming a Wildcat can sign up for the VIP experience and receive a campus tour, attend an alumni panel and lunch, and gain insight into financial aid and scholarships. Registration is free and can be found HERE. General questions about attending Kansas State Polytechnic can be directed to the office of admissions at 785-826-2640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a listing of all of the events happening at this year’s Open House, click HERE.